Friday, April 17, 2009

Orbiting The Sun

So today, I complete another full rotation around the sun. And while I enjoy my birthday, I have a hard time getting exciting for it. Don't know why, but its just another day for me.

That said, I have a odd fascination with people with whom I share a birthday. Again, I don't know why, but it interests me. Here's an abbreviated list (courtesy of Wikipedia):

1897 - J.P. Morgan
1894 - Nikita Krushchev
1934 - Don Kirshner (produced the Monkees, among others)
1950 - L. Scott Caldwell (Rose from Lost)
1954 - Rowdy Roddy Piper
1957 - Nick Nornby (British author, Fever Pitch, High Fidelity)
1959 - Sean Bean
1961 - Boomer Esiason
1965 - William Mapother (Ethan from Lost)
1967 - Henry Ian Cusick (Desmond from Lost; clearly, today's a big day on the island)
1967 - Liz Phair
1970 - Redman
1972 - Jennifer Garner
1974 - Victoria Beckham

Who's my favorite? Its got to be a toss up between Boomer and Rowdy Roddy Piper. I mean, Boomer is Boomer (and the only Boomer, thank you very much; I'm looking at you Chris Berman and David Wells) and I'm a Bengals fan, but Roddy Piper was in They Live, which, while a terrible movie, inspired Shepard Fairey to create his OBEY line (and gave us a great fight scene was the hillariously remade by South Park). So its a tough call either way. Maybe I should avoid the choice althogether and just go with Jennifer Garner. Yeah, that sounds like a good idea.

No comments: