Thursday, October 23, 2008

Fantasy Football Failure: Week 8

I have to admit, I like the direction my fantasy team is going right now. After Week 6's 100-59 blowout of Paulson's team, I took out E's team last week 97-59. It was the same song, different verse. Most of my guys found the end zone and most of E's guys didn't. He got huge games from Calvin Johnson (23 points) and the Giants D (15), but I matched those numbers with Chris Johnson (22) and the Patriots D (17). The thing is, I also had Marion Barber (15), Earnest Graham (12), and Vincent Jackson (13) and E had nothing (including two guys that scored 0 points).

So after back-to-back strong weeks, I'm 5-2 and along in second place (still trailing Down The Drain at 6-1), looking to go to 6-2 after a win this week. Am I a little over confident (so much so that I don't even feel there's a need to post any analysis? Sure, but but if I can't get a win this week, I really should just quit. Here's why- I'm playing Team Williams, who's manager, Chaz, doesn't appear to have done anything with his team since the draft. Need proof? Here's Chaz's starting lineup that's he's played the last 4 weeks:

QB: [empty]
RB: LaDainian Tomlinson
RB: Selvin Young
RB/WR: Isaac Bruce
WR: Larry Fitzgerald
WR: Donald Driver
TE: Tony Scheffler
D/ST: Ravens
K: Mason Crosley

Now, he's recievers aren't that bad, and while LT may be struggling a bit this year, he's still LT and could go off for 20+ fantasy points any given week, so he don't have the worst team in the world. But no QB for 4 (going on 5) straight weeks? That's a problem. Also a problem? Four of his guys (Young, Driver, Scheffler, and Crosley) are on byes this week. So to get the win, I only have to bet LT, Isaac Bruce, Larry Fitzgerald, and the Ravens D. I think I can get that done. I'm not worried (though history tells me I probably should be), and I'll be 6-2. Now I just need E's team to step up and beat Down The Drain this week for me so I can move into a tie for first. You're family, E; you need to come through.

No comments: