Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Election Day

A classic scene from The West Wing for Election Day:



I voted first thing this morning, before I went into work. I was hoping to avoid the long lines and mass chaos that's sure to ensue as we get later in day, and I think I did. I showed up at my polling place at 6:40 (polls opened at 6:30), and there were a fair number of people there, but not an outrageous number. I was inside by 6:50, voting just after 7:10, and out the door by 7:15. Thirty-five minutes, not that bad in my book. The only issue I had was with the parking. I voted at an elementary school, as I'm sure many people do, and there just isn't enough parking associated with an elementary school to handle election day traffic. People get pretty dumb when they are forced to start making up their own parking spaces; I'm surprised there weren't any accidents while I was there.

Anyway, go vote.

No comments: