Sunday, November 16, 2008

Now I'm THAT Guy

I know who I am; I'm "the big Asian guy." I accepted this a long time ago because there was nothing I could do about it. When people meet me, that's typically what they remember, especially people like friends of a friend, people I may run into only once or twice a year. When I see them again, they remember me because I'm "the big Asian guy," and that's it. But last night, I was remembered for something else.

Last night at a friend's house, I ran into one of these friends of a friend who I've only met a couple of times. It had been a while, but I remembered meeting her. When my friend asked if we'd meet before, this friend of a friend answered:

"Yeah, I think we met at New Year's last year. We had a conversation about pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanoconiosis."

That's right, pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanoconiosis. If I'm not going to be remembered as just "the big Asian guy," I want to be remembered as "the guy who talked to you about pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanoconiosis." Done and done.

No comments: