Sunday, June 15, 2008

Oh, And The Sun's Going To Rise Tomorrow

I might be going out on a limb here, but Tiger Woods is going to win the 2008 US Open. Now, my last stone-cold lock of a pick didn't turn out so well; but that was then. Am I guaranteeing a win for Tiger? Don't have to. Tiger Woods leading a Major Championship after 3 rounds is one of the only actual sure things is all of sports. And this isn't some Joe Namath-like guarantee, or even a Chad Johnson-esque guarantee; he's never lost in this position. All of 13 of his Majors have come when leading (or sharing the lead) after 56 holes, and he's in the lead going into play today. Put it on the board, Tiger Woods is the US Open champion. Even Rick Dutrow would agree.

2 comments:

MJM said...

Yikes. But for a heroic putt, you might get tagged with "The Kiss of Death" stigma.

GiantAsianMan said...

Dude, you aren't kidding. As I watched the final round yesterday, I started to think I might have some sort of jinx action going on with this blog. But I'm not out of the woods (ooh... bad) yet; Rocco could still pull off the upset in today's playoff. And as monumentous as that would be, I think it takes 3 times before you can officially call something a jinx.